Dr. Rodney Sappington is an entrepreneur, clinical data scientist and researcher based in San Francisco, California. He is focused on building world-class machine learning products, improving clinical outcomes and growing companies at scale. He is a very well known speaker both nationally and internationally.
Dr. Sappington is the Founder and CEO of Acesio Inc., a company that is committed to building a better future with applied machine learning technology. Their products and solutions include early diagnosis, clinical trials, disease-prediction and digital health.
- Dr. Sappington’s background, including his professional and academic paths, as well as his attraction to machine learning as a method to deal with “harm.”
- Positive and negative outcomes of machine learning.
- How to differentiate useful information from hype in the machine learning space.
- The current state of machine learning in medical technology.
- Acesio’s goals, methods and processes.
- The cross-disciplinary nature of data science.
- How to begin your journey into the field of machine learning (no matter what your background is).
Links and Resources:
Dr. Sappington on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rodney-sappington-ph-d-97ab235/
First Level (sponsor): https://firstlevel.io/
The Accessible AI Podcast is hosted by Yevgeni Zolotorevsky and produced by Shola Abidoye.
Copyright Meta Training OU, 2018